Removal of Conditions Attorney in Temecula California

Removal of Conditions

If you marry a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident and the marriage is less than two years old when your green card is issued, you will be awarded a conditional green card, which is valid for only two years. 

You must file an I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions before the two-year term has passed. To have the conditions on your green card lifted, you must file the petition jointly to demonstrate to U.S. authorities that you are still married to your original sponsor and living together. In the event that you are no longer with your spouse you must file the petition by claiming a waiver. You must also demonstrate that your marriage was not entered into for the purpose of circumventing U.S. immigration law. In all situations, you must apply within 90 days of the card’s expiration date. If you do not submit your application on time, you may be deported from the United States. 

SYG Law Firm works closely with clients that contact us for the initial green card application from the start to ensure future success. We equip you with the knowledge you need to be your own advocate and assist you in eliminating the circumstances with little effort on your side. We’ll also keep an eye on your initial expiration date and let you know when you’re ready to apply for the removal of conditions.

Why are Some Green Cards Valid For 2 Years?

People who haven’t been married for at least two years at the time they apply for permanent residency get a two-year conditional green card rather than a ten-year green card. If the marriage has been in existence for more than two years when the I-485 application is approved, the foreign national spouse is granted permanent residence status without conditions. Our Temecula, California immigration lawyer may be able to assist conditional residents with this process during the renewal of their green cards.

The Process Involved in Removing Conditions from Your Green Card

Conditional residents must file a Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions of Residence, with USCIS to remove conditions on their green card. Both spouses must file the petition “jointly” if they are still married. In the event that the parties are divorced or in the process of separating, the petitioning resident must apply for a waiver based on one or more exceptions allowed. 

The conditional resident might add his or her children to the petition if they were granted conditional residency at the same time or within 90 days. Children who were granted conditional residency more than 90 days after their qualifying spouse must file a separate petition to lift the restrictions. 

USCIS will provide a receipt after it receives the I-751 petition. Permanent residence status is automatically extended for up to eighteen months with the receipt. The receipt should be kept by the conditional resident as proof of legal status in the United States while awaiting the new green card. 

USCIS will also issue a notice requiring the petitioning immigrant to attend a biometrics appointment. The conditional resident must arrive at a designated facility for fingerprinting on the date specified in this notice. USCIS will process the fingerprints and run a background check. 

An interview will be scheduled if USCIS finds a reason to doubt the marriage’s legality. The interview is to ensure that the marriage was not entered into to circumvent immigration law or provide an immigration benefit. 

USCIS will mail a written decision on the I-751 petition after the interview. If approved, the green card will arrive shortly after. If USCIS intends on denying the case, USCIS will typically issue a Notice of Intent to Deny, allowing the petitioner one last opportunity to overcome the deficiencies in the petition. If ultimately denied, the immigrant may be placed in immigration proceedings where they must defend against removal.

Who Can Apply to Remove Conditions?

To be eligible to apply for the removal of conditions, you must meet the following requirements: you must have been a conditional permanent resident for two years, you must have maintained continuous residence in the United States during those two years, you must have been physically present in the United States for at least half of the two-year period, and you must have not left the United States for more than six months cumulatively.

If you meet all of the above requirements, you can apply to remove conditions on your permanent residency by filing Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence. You will need to submit evidence that shows that you have met all the requirements and that your marriage was entered into in good faith. If your application is approved, your conditional permanent residency will be terminated and you will become a full permanent resident.

If your application is denied, you may appeal the decision or file a motion to reopen or reconsider with USCIS. If you are facing deportation proceedings, you may also apply for cancellation of removal or asylum. Speak with an experienced immigration attorney in Temecula California to learn more about your options.

Individuals who have a family visa, employment visa, or other work permits may be eligible for citizenship through the process of removing conditions. This is where lawyers can help guide you through the steps. In order to be successful in this process, it is important to have experienced Temecula immigration attorneys on your side. SYG Law Firm has experience of helping individuals with their cases and will work diligently to ensure a positive outcome.

A removal of conditions attorney in Temecula California can help you through the process of removing conditions on your green card. If you are a conditional resident, you must file form I-751 to remove the conditions within 90 days before your two-year anniversary. Temecula Removal of conditions attorney can help you gather the necessary documents and evidence to prove that you meet the requirements for removing the conditions on your green card.

USCIS may grant permanent residency to individuals who have been granted refugee or asylum status. 

 The process of removing the conditions on your permanent resident status is known as adjustment of status.

To adjust your status, you must file a petition with USCIS. The petition must be filed within 90 days of your second anniversary as a refugee or asylee. If you are married to a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, you may file jointly with your spouse.

If you do not adjust your status, you will lose your permanent resident status and may be removed from the United States.

You may be eligible for adjustment of status if you:

– Are you a refugee or asylee

– Have been physically present in the United States for at least one year after being granted asylum or refugee status

– Have not been convicted of any felony or two or more misdemeanors in the United States

– Are not inadmissible to the United States for any reason other than your refugee/asylee status (for example, you have not committed a serious crime)

If you are granted asylum, you may apply for a work permit after you have been physically present in the United States for at least one year. If you are granted refugee status, you may apply for a work permit after you have been physically present in the United States for at least six months. 

Are Your Children Included in a Removal of Conditions Application?

If you have children who are also immigrants, they may be included in your application to remove conditions on your permanent residency. This means that the process will be a little bit easier, as USCIS will likely want to interview all members of the family at the same time. It’s important to note that not all children need to be included in the application – only those who are actually immigrants (not US citizens).

What’s the Point of a Green Card, and Why Do You Need to Remove Your Conditions?

A green card allows a foreigner to live and work in the United States permanently. There are a few reasons why someone might need to remove conditions on their permanent residency – for instance, if they moved to the US on a temporary visa, or if they were married to a US citizen. In most cases, it’s best to remove conditions as soon as possible so that you have the full benefits of being a permanent resident.

Is it Necessary to Hire a Lawyer For the Removal of Conditions?

The procedure for removing residency conditions might be complex and daunting. It frequently necessitates following stringent legal procedures and presenting sufficient evidence. If an applicant fails to provide documentation and their application is denied, they may be deported or charged with marriage fraud. 

As a result, if you’re unsure how to file a petition to remove residency conditions or are having problems with the procedure, you should seek legal advice from an immigration attorney as soon as possible. This is where SYG Law Firm’s immigration attorney can help. 

We can assist you with completing and filing Form I-175. We can go over all of your papers with you and ensure that the proof you provide is sufficient to support your petition. We can also provide legal counsel in court or at any other proceeding relating to your immigration matter if you are summoned to appear before an immigration law court.

Why Choose SYG Law Firm?

To help you achieve your goals as quickly as possible, we provide the following professional services and value-added benefits:

  • A comprehensive examination of your situation, making sure your case receives the proper attention.
  • Assistance with gathering all of the information and documentation you’ll need for your application.
  • Consistent and dependable communication, with no additional hourly fees or hidden costs, ensures that you have direct access to your legal team in the event of an issue.

Temecula California Removal of Conditions Attorneys

At SYG Law Firm, our experienced removal of conditions attorneys in Temecula California can help you with the process of removing conditions on your U.S. citizenship. If you are a green card holder and have been married to a U.S. citizen for less than two years, you may be eligible to file for removal of conditions. This process allows you to become a full U.S. citizen without having to go through the naturalization process.

In order to file for removal of conditions, you must first meet certain eligibility requirements. You must be able to show that you have been a permanent resident for at least two years, that you have been married to your U.S. citizen spouse during that time, and that you have been living in a marital union with your spouse. You must also show that you have good moral character and are not inadmissible to the United States.

If you meet all of the eligibility requirements, our attorneys can help you prepare and file the necessary paperwork to remove the conditions on your citizenship. We will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your application is as successful as possible. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you remove the conditions on your citizenship.

It is best to obtain the advice of skilled legal counsel when attempting to remove conditions from a lawful permanent resident card or green card. Temecula, California, and assists them in realizing their American dreams. To schedule a private initial consultation, call (951) 595-7127 or email

Call us Free

Contact SYG Law Firm at (951) 595-7127 or by email at  if you need help becoming a U.S. citizen or finding the facts that support your claim to be a U.S. citizen.

Schedule a Free Consultation