Green Card Renewal

Green Card Renewal

Your green card (also known as a permanent resident card) is confirmation that you are entitled to live and work in the United States and that you have permanent resident status. It is valid for ten years (or two years if you’re a conditional resident). 

You must renew your green card before it expires. The best time to start the renewal procedure is six months before the card expires. If it has already expired, you should renew your card as soon as possible. 

Since the process of renewing these documents is not always simple, you may require the assistance of a knowledgeable lawyer to guarantee that your ability to live and work in the United States is maintained. SYG Law Firm can assist you regardless of whether you are in California, another state, or even another nation. If you need professional legal assistance for green card renewal in Temecula, California, call us today.

If you’re not yet a citizen of the United States, living and working here involves keeping track of your green card and making sure it’s up-to-date. If your green card is lost, damaged, or stolen, apply for a replacement right away with the help of SYG Law Firm. 

Incorrect information on your card can have negative effects on your:

  • Job
  • Residency requirements
  • Prospects for citizenship in the future

You must request a replacement as soon as you notice an error on your green card. 

SYG Law Firm can assist with your green card renewal process if you belong to any of these groups:


  • Conditional temporary resident
  • Out-of-country resident
  • If you have an older permanent resident card

Renewal of Permanent Resident Cards

We can assist you in properly completing and submitting Form I-90 (Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card) if your green card is about to expire or if it has already expired. We recommend that you start the process of renewing your green card six months before its expiration date to reduce the chances of it expiring.

If you have attempted to renew or replace your green card and have been waiting for an extended period of time or perhaps your application was denied, contact us for legal assistance.

Renewal of a Conditional Permanent Resident Card
(Removal of Conditions)

Conditional permanent resident cards are green cards that are only awarded for two years. If your green card is only good for two years, you’ll need to provide more information to get the conditions waived. 

Typically, Form I-751 is required. We can help you figure out the paperwork you’ll need and make sure it’s filled out correctly and filed before your conditional green card runs out.

When Should You Hire an Immigration Lawyer for Permanent Resident Card Renewal Help?

Green Card Renewal in Temecula

The procedure for renewing your permanent residence card may appear to be straightforward. The application isn’t too long in itself. However, mistakes in the application procedure can cause unnecessary delays, and you might benefit from the advice of an immigration attorney if you have specific facts about your situation. 

Unless those seeking to renew their permanent resident card are willing to educate themselves on the specific requirements for obtaining this immigration benefit, hiring a qualified immigration attorney may be the best option. A qualified immigration attorney can handle all of the necessary work to ensure that the process runs smoothly and that all legal requirements are met without undue delay or confusion. 

SYG Law Firm, a Temecula, California immigration law firm, can assist you or someone you know with renewing or replacing their permanent residence card. Many clients have benefited from SYG Law Firm’s immigration services in the United States.

Why Choose SYG Law Firm?

You must hire the right lawyer because it may impact the result of your case. We understand that there are many immigration lawyers in the area that could take on your case, and we believe that our expertise in assisting so many others is what sets us apart. Our mission is to assist you in realizing your desire to become a resident and improve your or your family’s quality of life. 

Our lawyers have decades of combined expertise assisting people just like you with all forms of immigration concerns. We’ve built a reputation for battling diligently for our clients’ rights and needs during that time. What sets us apart from other law firms in Temecula, California, is our commitment to compassion, details, and our clients’ success. We’re known for going above and beyond, and we know a lot about immigration law. Our attorney understands how important your case is to you, and we want to help you achieve your goals in any way we can.

Get Qualified and Professional Legal Assistance With Your Green Card Renewals

To talk with one of our immigration lawyers in Temecula, California about your green card renewal issues, call (951) 595-7127 or send an email to

Call us Free

Contact SYG Law Firm at (951) 595-7127 or by email at  if you need help becoming a U.S. citizen or finding the facts that support your claim to be a U.S. citizen.

Schedule a Free Consultation