Certificate of Citizenship Attorney in Temecula, California

Certificate of Citizenship Attorney in Temecula

If you had a green card as a child and one of your parents naturalized, you may have automatically become a U.S. citizen. You may also be a U.S. citizen if you were born outside of the United States to a U.S. citizen parent. But how can you support your claim with evidence? 

A U.S. passport or a certificate of citizenship can be used to prove your U.S. citizenship. Passports, however, are only valid for a certain amount of time or perhaps you have never applied for a passport. The validity of a certificate of citizenship is indefinite. If you feel you are a U.S. citizen but lack documentation, applying for a Certificate of Citizenship may be a great option for you.  Get in touch with an immigration attorney. 

Our Temecula, California immigration attorney at SYG Law Firm has a lot of experience representing people who want a certificate of citizenship. Our knowledgeable legal staff can assist you in determining whether you are a U.S. citizen by researching the facts of your case.

N-600 Certificate of Citizenship

Certificates of citizenship are issued by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to people who can prove they are citizens of the United States. 

Obtaining a certificate of citizenship can often take more than a year, so it is important to file it correctly the first time. In some situation, such as people who obtained citizenship through the naturalization of a parent, the evidence is easily obtainable. In others, where perhaps the evidence of the individual’s U.S. citizen parent is limited can be difficult.

What is the Significance of a Certificate of Citizenship?

The laws surrounding the acquisition and derivation of citizenship are unique and have changed many times throughout the last century. You may automatically become an American citizen if you were born outside the United States to a U.S. citizen parent. Also, you may automatically become a citizen of the United States if one of your parents naturalized and became a citizen before your 18th birthday (depending on your parent’s naturalization). 

Here at SYG Law Firm, we have a lot of experience with immigration applications. We will prepare and file your application for you, so you will not have to deal with complicated immigration forms. We have assisted permanent residents from all over the country, and we’d love to assist you as well. 

Join the many families and individuals from throughout the United States who have put their faith in us to help them with their immigration issues.

Procedures for Submitting an Application

The most important step in applying for a certificate of citizenship is the preparation. The success of each application is entirely based upon the evidence submitted to USCIS in the initial application. An applicant must be sure that they have met their burden in proving, by a preponderance of the evidence, that the claim is true. Additionally, there may

Why Choose SYG Law Firm?

Due to the complexities of proving your U.S. citizenship, a thorough examination of your unique circumstances is required. We’d be delighted to review the details of your case and offer the following additional services:

  • A thorough examination of your background and documents. This examination allows us to identify the precise requirements applicable to your case.
  • Assisting you in assembling all of the required information and gathering the documents required for your application, such as birth certificates, social security records, school records, and medical records for your parents, amongst others.
  • Completing all papers and accompanying documentation to present the government with a case that is easily approved.
  • Respond to any USCIS requests for proof or inquiries about your case promptly. We will keep you informed at each stage of the procedure.


Is it possible to reapply for a Certificate of Citizenship if it is denied?

Not at all. You can only file the N-600 once. You won’t be able to file another N-600 if it’s rejected. That’s why it’s critical to file the N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship, accurately the first time, with the appropriate evidence. If your N-600 was turned down, you may still have choices. SYG Law Firm can help you with your specific facts.

What if I’ve always been considered a citizen of the United States but I’m not sure now?

We’ve defended clients who’ve spent their entire lives believing and being treated as citizens of the United States. They later learn that they are not citizens of the United States, or they are unsure. There may be repercussions if you claim to be an American citizen or vote in a U.S. election. If you feel you are a U.S. citizen but do not have a Certificate of Citizenship, you should seek legal advice from our immigration attorney.

Have Issues With Your Certificate of Citizenship? An N-600 Attorney in Temecula, California Can Help!

Our N-600 attorney has the experience and knowledge to guide U.S. citizens through the application procedure. We can anticipate issues that may develop during the application procedure and respond to any questions that you may have. 

Request a consultation with our attorney by calling (951) 595-7127 or emailing info@syglaw.com to go through your alternatives and start living the American dream.

Call us Free

Contact SYG Law Firm at (951) 595-7127 or by email at info@syglaw.com  if you need help becoming a U.S. citizen or finding the facts that support your claim to be a U.S. citizen.

Schedule a Free Consultation